Monday, May 17, 2010

From the Bungie to the Barbecue... Korea kicks ass






Where to begin. Well I had one of my best weekends yet here. Great week of teaching, and I had the distinct privilege of teaching 12 year olds about ergonomics, and design. Oddly enough they loved it. Thursday was my company dinner, and there is nothing more entertaining than seeing your bosses hammered. Then seeing your bosses sing Karaoke, and then see them hung-over in the morning. Cheers to Luke and Travis for being awesome. Saturday I went to Gangnam which is in inner seoul. A lot of nice stores, and very "NY like" in my opinion. I bought some new kicks for 45000 won which is like 40 dollars, and the girls left to get there hair done. Boring I know, but this post gets better. We then went toward Boondong for our bungie jumping experience. After an hour of train we found out they were booked, and had to return the next day. I was a little disappointed, but Suzy was damn near infuriated. We all went back toward Gangnam where we went to doctor fish. This is a coffee shop where you order some java and then rest your feet in water where fish swarm around eating the dead skin off your feet. There were 2 tanks, one with small fish; this one felt great and was relaxing. The other was bigger fish; these were tickling the hell out of me, and one of the strangest things I have ever felt. Also the lovable Angie's mom was visiting, and she hopped right in as if she had done it a million times before. I wasn't going to allow Angie's mom to show me up...... I guess she did looking back she did anyway. We ended the night with Hookah, and some casual drinks. Then it was off to bed. Sunday aka Buddha's birthday I went Bungie jumping with 4 friends. I myself was actually not all that scared and opted to go first. I loved it, but was a little disappointed. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Then Suzy went and she had a similar reaction, as a matter of fact she barely made a noise. My friend Lana eventually gave in and refused to jump. I think I can coerce her into going through with it next time. Now the best was connie who screamed bloody murder all the way down, and even cried a bit. Her scream was so loud that the kids in the park actually got upset and cried. I, along with the rest of the crew, which included Connie's boyfriend Dan laughed hysterically. After a nap in the park we met back up with Angie, and her mom along with Tan, our new friend from NY; to watch the Lantern festival. This is a celebration for Buddha's birthday where large numbers of monks and Buddhist followers parade through the city with lanterns, accompanied with big light up floats. It was an awesome time, and one of my favorite things I have seen so far.

* doctor fish with the crew
* Hookah Bar
* My Big Jump
* One of the many floats
* Some of the thousands of monks parading

No comments:

Post a Comment