Sunday, March 21, 2010

From a day of naked galavanting to the best St. Patty's day ever.








So... as usual there is never a dull moment here in ye ole Korea. We had a couple visitors this week, there was Phil, Suzy's brother, and Jake, Chau's boyfriend. We all had a great week together, and decided that the best way to end it was to go to a korean bath house. We would have never predicted that we would spend a few hours naked with a couple dozen koreans, but hey that's Korea for you. Either way after we got over our nakedness we had a good time going in and out of different mineral baths that ranged from 90 to 110 degrees fahrenheit. We also went into a sauna that was 88 degrees celsius, and was the hottest thing I have ever experienced. Then we capped our highly, homo-erotic evening with something manly...... eating live octopus. If you are wondering whether or not it is good, it isn't. It was snotty, salty, crunchy, and wiggled in my mouth all at the same time. Also when it entered my mouth it's suction cups would hold on to the side of my cheeks for dear life. All in all it was a great time, and I will never do it again. Well at least until my friends get here from the states. Saturday was also very eventful. I went to an all inclusive party at this irish pub right smack dab in the middle seoul. The last thing I ever expected to find in korea by the way. If you are wondering if there was a korean U2 cover band, yes there was. They were awesome. The night progressed, and some beers, and a few rum and cokes later I was dancing the Irish jig in a circle with 30 or 40 inebriated foreigners. We were dancing for 5 hours, and it was one of the times of my life. I met a number of englishmen, and a few people from the U.S., that like me saw nothing wrong with doing the jig for hours on end. Also surprisingly there was a triplet of river-dancers that were performing throughout the night. To my utter shock I found out none of them were Irish, but from Sweden. Go figure Today I relaxed and went to this market area about an hour away from me that had a ton of shops, and great gifts that I may have to buy for a lucky few.... Lastly, to for warn you, there is a picture of me being held up at gun point for an A in a class. Sadly he wasn't one of my students, and I could not help him so he agreed to shoot an old guy on the street instead of me. This is horrible, I know, but Korea can be a rough place. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment