Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Second week in Korea and i have a husband?




This will be my last daily post, and then I am switching to a weekly one. I am only posting this because of the weird, and crazy night I just experienced. First let me start by saying that my classes are going well, and it seems I make a decent teacher, go figure. That isn't the important info though. Best way to explain, is that I was on my way home from class, and I stopped at this little hole in the wall to buy some kimbop. It is similar to sushi. I ran into this drunk old guy , and we began to chat. I myself spoke in perfect english with a touch of Korean, and him in broken english and fluent Korean. Eventually he said that he was lonely and would like to treat me to dinner. ........Naturally I said yes. He brought me to a chinese food place, which is weird while in Korea, and bought me a drink. Now I'm not certain whether or not he was looking for love or not, but he told me numerous times that I had a beautiful face. He then proceeded to tell me about his wealthy Son in law, or as he called it his Wife. HAHAHAAH thats no lie. He told me he would get me a real job making real money. All the while I was thinking what does this guy want from me, and it turns out he really did want me to meet his son and law/wife. He is a teacher of ..... yep you guessed it American history. This thought tickled me. Either way he proceeded to buy me drinks, and eventually began to explain why he was lonely; in broken english. It made for a great convo. I guess what Im saying is that I have a Korean sugar daddy, and am proud of it. Korea rocks.

* pic of my sugar daddy and a pic of my class room. Soon I will take a picture of the actual kids when it is appropriate.

4 comments:

  1. Wait I don't get it, He doesn't know the word for son in law or he is married to his son in law?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you even marry your son in law if you're not married in the first place? Damn it, it sounds like one of scott's riddles! Also, forget about all those Keansburg moms that hit on you, now it's all about the Korean DADS! ahh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, as long as he makes you happy and treats you well, I give my blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha you so would go out to dinner with him!
    so what do you have like 16 kids?

    ReplyDelete