Sunday, March 14, 2010

Holy Hell What a Weekend!!!!! #2






Ok so.... Saturday I go back to Hongdae where if you remember I first met the "Asian connection" and charles the trilingual pimp. This time, myself and 8 friends were dragged off the street and into a club because we were told that it was 10,000 won for 7 Shots of tequila. AKA 9.50$ American. Turns out this was not a fabrication. So 6 shots of tequila and a few beers later I found myself at yes... another club which was nuts, and a great time. Then we all left that club to go to another club, which was way more nuts and packed, but was 95% americans which sucked. I danced my ass off yet again, and even did a bit of singing with my friend Julie, and the Lovable Angie. I got back to my place at 4ish after an insane cab ride that turned a 20 minute trip into a 10, all the while listening to tainted love by the Eurythmics. I passed out and woke up for a day in Myengdung, or the korean equivalent to Rodeo Drive, but packed with thousands of people. My camera was dead so I will post pics next time I go. What's next..... oh yeah, so my closest friend here Suzy'z brother is visiting so we all hung out today. I began the day by giving chocolates and cards to Suzy and Angie because it is the korean holiday "White Day" this is a holiday where men buy women love theme gifts like valentines day. However valentines day here is where women give gifts to men, so each sex has a holiday. We went to a Mondue place= Korean dumplings. Ate some yummy food, and then to Happidus, our "Cheers" if you will for some drinks and poker. Then Suzy, Myself, Phil (her bro), our coworker Chou, her BF Jake, and our new Korean friend Kim, or as i named him Vladimir.... No joke he responds only to that now, all went to a Noribong/Korean karaoke place. This is where things got funny. Noribong is different than Karaoke because you do it in a private room just with your friends. There are no spectators, so it is a bit less pressure. Needless to say we rocked the hell out. I belted some Backstreet Boys, Sugar Ray, Stevie Wonder, and much much more, and had the distinct pleasure to see my coworkers sing and dance. PS: Kim/Vladimir has the voice of an angel, and was dominating the Eagles, and Bon Jovi.

*****
1= club one with the coworkers and suzy's brother
2= club 2 with Julie and some more friends here
3= same club just showing how packed it was
4= Noribong- me singing superstition with chou and suzy as back up dancers
5= Jake singing Kung Fu fighting, and all of us doing what we call kung fu dancing


1 comment:

  1. When did you shave your head? Send some of that fun back to the states we need more karaoke bars.

    ReplyDelete